Cologne – On 10th of May, a selection committee selected twelve European NGOs and their corresponding Chinese partners for the upcoming EU-China NGO Twinning Exchange 2018. The yearly program aims at the development of sustainable partnerships between European and Chinese NGOs. Since its inauguration, the program saw participation of 20 European countries. In 2018, we received applications from 5 states we have never received applications from before.
The exchange lasts four to eight weeks respectively. The twinners will have the opportunity to acquire their partner organization’s knowledge as well as their methodology and thereby improve their own capacities. Specific activities during the program include preparatory seminars, exchange with local NGOs as well as capacity building workshops in the respective regions. The exchange period for European participants to China is from August 1st to September 30th 2018, for Chinese participants to Europe it is from October 8th to December 9th 2018 (if anybody wants to arrange events or interviews with our participants please contact us).
The program is funded by Robert Bosch Stiftung and Stiftung Mercator. It has two parts: While seven of the organizations deal with issues of environmental and social justice under the guidance of Stiftung Asienhaus/ Cologne, the other five pairs are active in the field of climate change under the guidance of Climate Action Network Europe/CANGO.
The selection committee decided on the following twelve twinners:
Social and Environmental justice:
- Südwind (Austria) / Labor Education and Service Network (Hong Kong)
Exchange Topic: industry monitoring, labor rights advocacy, training approaches and methodologies
- Energy Justice (Romania) / Shenzhen Zero Waste (Shenzhen)
Exchange Topic: municipal waste incineration pollution and its impact on communities
- Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe (Germany) / Anhui Hefei Qingwei Health Center (Anhui)
Exchange Topic: HIV prevention, providing support for already infected people
- Naturland e.V. (Germany) / Laotu (Shenzhen)
Exchange Topic: advancing sustainable agriculture through farmers and consumers
- Forumtheater Enschede (Netherlands) / Chengdu Storytellers (Sichuan)
Exchange Topic: gender equality by providing sexual education for young girls
- Büdchen Nikolausplatz & Agora Cologne (Germany) / Dinghaiqiao Cooperative Society & AIFEN (Shanghai)
Exchange Topic: social justice and community building, culture education for kids
- The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (UK) / Shenzhen Mangrove Conservation Foundation (Shanghai)
Exchange Topic: wetland center management and environmental education promotion for wetland conservation
- European Federation of Transport & Environment (Belgium) / Shanghai International Shipping Institute (Shanghai)
Exchange Topic: de-carbonization of the shipping sector
- EEB (Brüssel) / EnviroFriends (Beijing)
Exchange Topic: Industrial waste management practices
- Green Circle (Hungary) / Chengdu Roots & Shoots (Chengdu)
Exchange Topic: Environmental education and waste management
- Go Green (Macedonia) / Sichuan Green Foundation (Sichuan)
Exchange Topic: Environmental education
- I4CE (France) / SEE Foundation (Beijing)
Exchange Topic: Climate change and corporate resilience
Click here for the 2018 EU-China NGO Twinning press release in pdf format.